Here’s to another week in October! Here’s what’s going on…
- The co-worker issue is now resolved. I received a written warning and had an honest conversation with my co-worker and my managers present. I apologized and committed to rebuilding our relationship professionally from now on. Part of me is sorry that I was reported, but it also made me realize that I may not have the best interactions with people. I don’t want to be self conscious though.
- As per last week’s post, I completed my YouTube video & blog post.
- Didn’t make it to the gym though and not this week (as of yet). I did inquire about pole dancing! The instructor is plus size and very good! She has a beginner class on my day off and it’s $20-30, which is way affordable than the lesson. I’ll be going next Wednesday (tomorrow is my small group meeting).
I went to to a networking event for cosmetic professionals tonight. I thought it would be another easy time to meet new people, but upon entering, I felt self-conscious!! My first interaction was awkward (IMO), but I bounced back with someone else. Ironically, it was a speed networking event. I also have the story that people will only find me interesting when I mention my previous employer, which is the #1 beauty company. My own introduction was confusing as well–do I start off as a beauty blogger, or Esthetician, or former corporate person? Then again, I despise defining myself by my job.
Looking back (without judgment), it was a matter of preparation. For example:
- Setting my intention: to make contacts for future positions, promote blog
- Practicing my 30-60 second introduction
- Perhaps coming up with icebreakers
- Grounding myself emotionally! I am genuinely fascinated with people and I want to make it about them.
BE, DO, AND HAVE!!!