- Weird energy this weekend… my small group and Eliane especially talked me off the ledge on Sunday… i think i was having a minor panic attack looking at the next year. it seems every aspect of my life is in transition, and i’d gotten into a fear spiral. once that was halted, i started to see places where i can shape my future, and that felt like a real life line. i also had the empowering realization while talking to Mara (all of these wonderful wise listeners in this group) that i have been telling the Universe that i don’t want my life to change so quickly and i want things to slow down, and then wondering why my job search feels slower than i would like… so, I’M READY FOR BIG CHANGES, UNIVERSE! BRING IT ON! Quick as a bunny!
- I’ve been substitute teaching, and i need to somehow release my guilt on days i choose not to sub in order to focus on job searching. i need some income, aad this has been incredibly helpful, but i also am much less productive, energetic, and brilliant on nights when i get home after yelling at 6 year olds all day (they’re cute as buttons, and deaf unless you’re speaking at the booming range). My major life goal right now is to get a job, so i get to be creating the time and space for that to happen.
- I listened to a recording of a coaching call i had this summer, and it was super helpful. One of the things i said is that i hide (i can hear you saying “duh”); i don’t share when hard things are happening in my life and I don’t share/celebrate when good things are happening. i’m recommitting to working on that.
- I am working out 5 out of 7 days (go me!) and meditating (reading spiritual prayer, writing a meditation prompt, Choprah) every other day. It feels great to have a spiritual practice again.
- While i started this cycle slow, i have had at least one networking meeting that has involved a possible position in the last two weeks. i also looked up Toastmasters and am scheduled to attend on Thursday, and i’ve started planning my Public Hralth course for a local org which i will be lowercase “p” presenting to them on Thursday.