Last cycle I picked Friday to blog so continuing with Friday as my day this post is two days late.This week I worked with my caregiver life coach for a session, meditated consistently and have been listening to a personal growth podcast. Below, I am sharing a stream of consciousness writing on my core values and life map that I have been working on for my being this week. (warning longest post to date)
- Health and Well-being including Physical and Mental: important to me because I have been a witness to two both of my parents personal health decline and I define health and well-being as a whole approach that encompasses fitness, being active and nutrition as what I’m learning about myself through awareness of my emotional journey and positive mental health.
- This aligns with me as I keep myself in good physical shape, eat well, stay active and am working on my mental health consistently to grow to next level.
(8) Enjoyment/happiness is important to me because I want to enjoy my life and free time and be able to choose what I spend my time doing. I get enjoyment out of my independence to act in terms of my own time schedule and flexibility to travel whenever.
- This aligns with me as I structure my days doing what I love doing which is playing tennis and being flexible to take care of my Dad and travel.
- (5) Love- I want my life to be full of love. I want to share love with family friends and others. I value my relationships with people and love them. I want to share my love in a romantic partnership and find my partner for life.
- This aligns with me partly. I have several friendships I value that are full of love. I need to create an intimate relationship that I can be loving in and find a partner for life.
- ( 7 ) Family and Community/ tribes of people I surround myself with. I want to be involved in communities and families a larger group and purpose bigger than my self.
- This aligns with me as I am a member of 3 communities tennis, fitness and personal development. I am also spending lots of my time and resources with my family my Dad and nephew. I can improve spending time with the rest of my family and come from a place of abundance not scarcity. I would also like to be part of my own family whether that means marrying or partnering with someone who has family values and family activities to be a part of and who can join my family as well.
- (7) In spirit– Personal Growth and wisdom to learn more about myself and spiritual beliefs. I want to be always learning growing and finding meaning. Including living with intention and purpose. To be intentional about what I do and working or building towards something and being of service to others to help them reach goals.
- This is the meat of what I am working on now to grow and learn more. I love surrounding myself with people looking to do the same or who understand.
- 36 out of 50- Potential
My priorities have shifted a bit with me taking on my role as a caregiver. My priority has shifted to my father and relationships. Possibly my role as a Caregiver sped things up as I am looking at the full circle of life. The take away is I get to work on something shifting from a pain point to a pleasure point or inspiration point.
When I picture what love looks like to me (my relationship contract) when I find this partner I see and feel: joy, laughing, championing for one another, someone I can depend on, a net safety, family, integrity, connection, alignment, Friendship, compassion, acceptance, understanding, support, strength, empowerment, involved, growth towards something; to have open honest communications; to trust love and understand each other for who we are.
- went to live with Dad before 4th grade achieved safety from stepdad and mom stability resources to grow up
- went out on my own when my dad lost his job and our house I moved in with a friend got my own place
- put myself through college by myself
- Starting working in nightclubs had a work hard, study hard play hard life going
- Degree in journalism sports
- Transition shift to how I can get out of this lifestyle
- Law school
- New York
- Mom died/half sister went to jail
- Shifted to Aunt for my Nephew my stepsister went to jail fight for rights for sister
- Recreated myself
- New Business
- Recreate myself plan take risk
- Business partner/Relationship broken confidence
- 5 loving relationships with partners I have lived with and intent to be life partners
- Don’t’ have to work day to day finally made it
- started a business
- quit my attorney job
- Left behind stable income
Cycle 5 Goal 1: Start New Committed Relationship; Goal 2: Additional Money $1,500
Cycle 6:Goal 1: Being Empowered Throughout The Caregiving Process for my Dad During Dementia, Aging And Ultimately Death; Goal 2: Improve my Retail business and put it on the path to create profit
Cycle 7: Goal 1: Taking my Crossfit Level 3 Certified Trainers Course; Goal 2: Look for opportunities to create moments to make people feel special.
Cycle 8:Goal 1: Take steps to establish my Travel and Fitness Professional Persona; Goal 2: Have fun making some side money. It’s a game. Games are fun. Take on one side project. Other things I did do: Dad in nursing home, find new apt to live in, started and had an amazing relationship, Making additional money from loc investment, now I have sources for retail.
- Not having to work anymore fulfilling my dream six weeks off
- Bought New Apt
- break free of past
- Tennis tournaments
- Best shape like when I was 23 best year can fit in clothes from this year
- Shifted my paths from fun, to education, to making $$, to fun to lawyer
- Like to prove myself that I can do anything even when people say I cant
- Shifted to a path of personal growth to acquire new skills what was working for me before is not working now
- Shifted to caregiver Dad
- Inspiration as business owner and impacting people
- Looking for love
- I have learned I take risk, I like to prve people wrong, I don’t back down, I am a fighter and have come back from lots of things
I need to become compassionate, empathetic, determined, uncomfortable, stretch myself, open, authentic and creative to get to the next level.
I want to feel and do in future: Celebrate, Inspire, Grateful, Loving, Excited, Heck yes! Generosity, Pleasure, Vibrant, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Croatia, South Africa, Tennis Open tournaments, Fitness Travel Show, Partner/Marriage, Family, Growth Personal Spiritual, Give Back, Surrounding myself with people who have been where I want to go.
I could play a bigger game to impact more people in the world. Look at what that led me to full of mistakes and maybe things that didn’t go perfectly right but I got to experience what it was like to go to that other side of jump. In relationship I am enough. I am giving is enough.
Vision: Dad interruptions: move through it in a differently choice, clarity, who and what I am accountable to my self
Live my core values with my Dad
This week look at how my core values align with being a caregiver ….